Getting quick, delicious and healthy breakfast is often a dream for new moms. We love our superfood bowls as 5 minute breakfast options, but sometimes a mama needs her pancakes. These lactation pancakes made with oats and lactation boosting superfoods will not only please the taste buds, but also fuel your day with clean energy while helping the milk supply.
- ¾ cup rolled oats or instant oats
- ¼ cup milk or mylk
- 1 scoop Lactation Smoothie Mix
- 2 eggs or egg replacement
- 1 small banana
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- toppings of your choice: blueberries, pecans, almonds, sugar dust, etc.
- Mix all the base ingredients in a blender (except syrup and toppings). Add more milk if you need to thin down the batter.
- Heat a skillet or pan on medium heat and brush lightly with some butter/oil.
- Scoop or pour 1/4 cup batter at a time into the pan, and spread evenly to make 3-4 inch pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until edges are dry, flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Repeat for the remaining batter, brushing with butter/oil again when necessary.
- Stack the pancakes in a plate, and top with syrup, fruits and nuts. Enjoy warm!
Lactation Smoothie Mix
For the smoothie lover moms, this 100% organic and nourishing blend of lactation superfoods will power up your day and get the milk flowing.
Posted by Shruti Mishra
Shruti is the founder of Freshly Moms. She is a graduate from Natural Gourmet Institute, NY and a certified IIN Nutritionist. She has been working with food & nutrition since 8 years and is also a fresh mom herself.