Postpartum Nutrition Virtual Consultation
Open worldwide. Languages: English & Hindi
Initial Consultation: 60 minutes
Follow-Up: 30 minutes
Postpartum is a delicate phase of motherhood. A new mother needs as much attention and care as the little munchkin she just gave birth to. And yet, the mother's health and recovery tend to take a back seat.
But it's not your fault mama. Postpartum can be overwhelming with so much happening around you. However, with a little preparation and guidance, you can not only navigate it better but also make sure that you recover fully. What's good for you is also good for the baby and for your family.
Nutrition plays a central role in postpartum wellness and recovery. During the 9 months of pregnancy and labor, a mother's body loses many vital nutrients as she passes them to the baby to become building blocks of new life. This continues during breastfeeding as well as many nutrients get passed from her body or diet to the baby through the milk.
Our postpartum consultation session focuses specifically on the nutrition required for a mother's recovery and breastfeeding. It empowers you with a plan that is customized and centered around you and your baby. There is tons of information on postpartum wellness and it can be confusing and overwhelming to go through it. We will filter the information to only your needs and arm you with the resources and knowledge that you need.
About me: I (Shruti) am a certified nutritionist and a graduate of Natural Gourmet Institute - New York where I studied the healing powers of food. I have spent over eight years developing and cooking nourishing recipes. I believe certain foods have tremendous healing powers for new mothers, and I personally used them in my two pregnancies and postpartums. I have also spoken on postpartum nutrition at several events, podcasts, and media interviews. I publish my knowledge and research regularly on my blog which is free for every mom to read and learn. Much of my wisdom comes from a combination of traditional Ayurvedic principles and scientific research that I have carefully studied and applied over the years.
Here's what you can expect from the first call (60-75 minutes):
- Tell me about yourself. Your pregnancy, labor, and postpartum so far.
- Tell me about your current and past diet. Are you craving any particular foods? Are certain foods giving you or your baby any trouble?
- How are you feeling physically?
- What support do you have around you?
- Do you have any specific goals for your health and nutrition? (weight loss/colic baby/lactation/boosting energy etc)
- What is Ayurveda? A quick guide on Ayurvedic principles for postpartum
- Weekly postpartum plan - how to introduce foods back into your diet
- Ingredients to focus on, and the ones to avoid
- Role of hydration, and how to make sure you are getting enough
- Natural galactagogues/supplements if you are breastfeeding
After the call, you will receive an email with
- Other helpful resources to read and consider
- Further information on any specific questions
- A copy of the ebook on 'How to make your postpartum nutrition plan'
If you need, you may schedule a 30-minute follow-up call to discuss any particular topic further.
I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Disclaimer: This session is not medical advice. If you are facing medical issues, you should speak to your doctor about them.